Christmas tree recycling in Butler County | News
BUTLER COUNTY, OH (FOX19) - Butler County residents can recycle their live Christmas trees using several community composting and chipping programs. Alternatively, area trash haulers can also remove trees at the curb for disposal with regular trash.
Residents should remove all decorations before recycling or disposing of their tree.
- City of Hamilton - Curbside collection for Christmas trees will begin Jan. 2 and will continue the first two weeks in January. Trees are to be placed at the curb (not the alley) and should have all decorations removed. To schedule a pick up call 785-7550 or visit www.hamilton-city.org for more details.
- City of Fairfield - Waterworks Park on Groh Lane will be accepting trees from Dec. 26 – Jan. 13. The city will chip the trees to produce mulch for the parks. Call 867-5348 or visit www.fairfield-city.org for more information.
- City of Oxford - Beginning December 17, 2012, Oxford residents may place live Christmas trees at the curbside on regularly scheduled refuse collection days. Trees will be picked up and recycled by the City of Oxford Streets and Maintenance Division. No yard waste tags are required for this service. Residents are asked to remove all decorations from the tree prior to setting the tree at the curbside. This holiday pick up service does not include wreaths or garland. Questions should be directed to the City of Oxford Streets and Maintenance Division at 523-8412. This seasonal service will conclude on January 11, 2013.
- West Chester – Residents may drop off trees at Keehner Park, 7411 Barrett Road (Tennis Court area) or Beckett Park, 8650 Union Centre Blvd (Soccer Field area) from Dec. 26 – Jan. 31. The township will chip the trees for compost. General brush is not accepted. Call 777-8765 for more information, or visit www.westchesteroh.org.
Other disposal and recycling options
- Middletown and Trenton - Residents may leave trees at the curb with their household trash for pick up by Rumpke on regular trash collection days.
- Monroe – Residents may leave trees at the curb with their household trash for pick up by Forest Green on regular trash collection days. Trees should have all decorations removed and must be bundled up. Call 851-9036 for more information, or visit www.forestgreenwaste.com.
- Rumpke customers in Butler County can leave trees at the curb for pick up with trash. Call Rumpke at 742-2900 to see if Rumpke considers your tree a “large” item. If so, you’ll need to schedule a special pick up in your area.
- CSI customers should call to schedule tree pick up collection and pricing. Contact CSI at 771-4200.
- Tri-State Landscape Supply - 2864 Cincinnati Dayton Road near Middletown/Monroe will accept trees for composting at no charge from Butler County residents, Monday – Friday, 7:30AM - 4:30PM, Saturday, 8AM -12PM. Trees must be free of lights, tinsel, and all decoration. Call 513-423-8723 for more information.
For additional information about how to manage hard to dispose items and other recycling services, please visit www.butlercountyrecycles.org or call (513) 887-3653.